Man I love toast!


Couldn't sleep last night! All I could think of was adventure, well the lack of it!

Funny really as last year I was sick of it! I was working running multiday expeditions in North Wales and was fed up of sleeping in tents, been tired, cold, wet, dirty and having sore legs.  All I wanted at the time was a 9-5 job and the ability to have a nice coffee in the morning with my wife before work! How boring!

 Now looking back from my cosy house in the south of england I am missing it. I'm missing waking up in wild and remote places, struggling through bogs, fog and over mountains, and sharing that with the groups I led who hadn't been to these places before and were well out of their comfort zones. 

I am so far in my comfort zone at the moment it's boring. Iv got a 9-5 job a nice small house with my wife but I can't sleep. I can't sleep because something is missing from my life. 

It took a sleepless night and eating lots of toast at 4 am to work out that I need more adventure in my life. 

Comments